"It's from the deepest wounds ~That beauty
finds a place to bloom."

Quote from the lyrics of musical artist Jason Gray's song: Nothing is Wasted.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello My Name is...

Matthew West: Hello My Name is


Hello, my name is regret

I'm pretty sure we have met
Every single day of your life
I'm the whisper inside
That won't let you forget

Hello, my name is defeat
I know you recognize me
Just when you think you can win
I'll drag you right back down again
‘Til you've lost all belief

These are the voices, these are the lies
And I have believed them, for the very last time

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, 
And I have been set free
“Amazing Grace” is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it's true
Just take a look at my life

What love the Father has lavished upon us
That we should be called His children
I am a child of the one true King



Please allow me to introduce myself.  Hello my name is Brandi.  I am a Christian homemaker, wistful writer, born-again blogger and an aspiring author.  I'm married to my best friend and a mom of two. I have a love/hate relationship with cooking; some days I feel like an amazing chef but, other days I'm more of a fast food queen! I love to bake sweet treats for my family, almost as much as I love to eat them myself.  I have a serious sweet tooth! (oh and I love carbs!) I love to have a clean organized home, but I don't always have the energy to keep it that way.  (ahem...like now...dishes are piled high and the washer beeped hours ago!) I love artsy stuff but up until now I lacked the self confidence necessary to brave following my artistic side.  With my new found courage I have grand plans to try my hand at ceramics; I long to throw clay onto a spinning wheel and form beautiful pieces of pottery. I want to learn brush strokes; and splash colors onto canvas to create paintings of  breath-taking scenery.  And I need to learn how to still my hands in order to capture purposeful photographs of the beauty I see around me. 

I've made it through the long harsh winters of my life; the seasons of pain.  And this is the spring of new life; as beauty blooms. Welcome to my place to bloom. My hope is to bloom beauty into other's lives as I share the beauty that has blossomed in my life.


4 comments:

  1. What a joy to get to come along for the ride and watch you bloom, sweet friend. It's going to be an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a joy to have you cheering me on Lisa! Thank you

      Delete
  2. So excited to see you bloom more and more with each post! God is so good and it's not a coincidence that we all ended up within the same ministry group! I've never been more encouraged and more cheered on in my life! So thankful for such an amazing group of ladies and new friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lanette, it's no coincidence. God doesn't do accidents, He does divine designs! Planning with a purpose! I'm glad to hear you are feeling the same abundance of encouragement and support as me! It is such a blessing and I'm so grateful that the Lord brought us all together! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know you dropped by!